I suppose I could easily file this post under "it's a small world," but, instead, I'm sticking with "the revolving door".
According to its website,
"Midwest Energy News is a project of Fresh Energy, a non-partisan, nonprofit organization that advocates for clean energy policy, and the RE-AMP media center, which provides support to more than 100 nonprofits throughout the region."
The editor of Midwest Energy News (MEN) is Ken Paulman, who works at Fresh Energy, according to his Linkedin profile. He started as editor of MEN in December 2009, after spending April through November of that year as managing editor for on line news for Minnesota Public Radio (MPR).
As I documented in this post, the Kendeda fund, in 2009, donated substantial sums to both RE-AMP and MPR.
From his Fresh Energy bio, here is Ken Paulman on making the jump from MPR to MEN,
"He joined the Fresh Energy team because he believes that smart energy policies benefit everyone and informing and empowering citizens is key to getting those policies in place."
As a media consumer, I have enjoyed Mr. Paulman's work at both MPR and MEN. I have to say, though, his bio reads to me more like an advocate than one of those hard-bitten, cigar-chomping, "verify your mother loves you" editors from media lore. Perhaps others would come to a different conclusion.
No comments:
Post a Comment