Today, at a campaign event headlined by former President
Bill Clinton, Democrat Governor Mark Dayton reportedly referred to his
political opponents as “Neanderthals.”
It’s not the first time Gov. Dayton has used the word to
describe his political opponents. As Minnesota
Public Radio’s Tim Pugmire documented
back during the 2013 State Fair,
I have no idea what Dayton ’s
problem is with the differently evolved, but it does seem to be his insult of
choice.
Speaking of MPR, today they restored access to the audio
from an infamous appearance
by Dayton at the University
of Minnesota in 2012.
I listened to all 67 minutes (25 minutes of speech, followed
by 42 minutes of Q&A). At no point does
Mark Dayton attribute any humanity—much less good faith or good will—to his
political opponents (hence the Neanderthal slur). He seems to actually believe that his
opponents are less evolved than he and his allies are.
Having listened to the tape, I have a much better
understanding as to why his first two years in office unfolded in the manner
they did.
No comments:
Post a Comment