Friday, October 17, 2014

Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

One recurring theme in this year’s Democrat campaign to retain control of the state House of Representatives is the undercurrent of violent fantasies.

In late summer, the liberal Citypages weekly newspaper reported that my state representative, Democrat Ron Erhardt of Edina, allegedly told a conservative activist “I'll blow your head off!”  (Direct quote, emphasis in the original.)

I previously reported on the bullet-riddled, Old West-style “wanted” poster issued by state Democrats against a Republican house candidate in the south metro.  Apparently, the bullet-riddled wanted poster is a generic template.  Here is almost the same mailer sent by Democrats in the adjacent house district.


The text is slightly different, but the threat is similar.  I’m not a campaign professional, so I don’t know how effective such scare tactics are against Republicans, in general, or perhaps, they are reserved for use against Republican women.

Here is another suburban, swing-district mailer, sent by state Democrats against former State Rep. Kirk Stensrud, running to recapture the seat he lost in 2012 by just 202 votes.

Perhaps you can tell me what the shiny metallic object is that has been drawn into the black-gloved hand.

 

Democrats swear it's supposed to be a crowbar.  No, really.  A crowbar.  On the other side, I guess Kirk is supposed to be the Hamburgler?
  




By portraying their political opponents as violent criminals, Democrats excuse themselves from having to address their arguments and the issues.  And we still have over two weeks to go until Election Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment