Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Hired Guns, Part 3

Longtime readers will know that I’ve been skeptical of the ability of Minnesota Democrats to create jobs in this economy. 

Thanks to a timely tip from Sally Jo Sorensen, I can report that accredited journalist Shawn Towle is back on the payroll of the state senate Democrats.  According to their First Quarter 2014 filing at the state Campaign Finance Board, the senate Democrats (Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus) paid Towle’s Enlighten Enterprise company $1,000 on January 7, 2014.
A grand may not sound like a lot, but Towle was able to restart his dormant website, Checks & Balances, and up his Twitter output in recent weeks.

Although I understood that with checkbook journalism the money is supposed to move in the other direction, as a Minnesota taxpayer, I’m just happy that senate Democrats are putting money back into the private economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment